Uptime Monitoring Methodology
- We monitor websites of customers who use each
host, not that host's own site. This gives a true picture of host's performance from the point of view of its customers.
- Website is marked as down when it cannot be accessed from two distinct geographic and network points in 10
seconds. It is possible for a site to be marked as down when it is actually working but just extremely sluggish. However, this
distinction won't matter to this site's visitors.
- Sampling is done at least twice per hour, 24 hours a day.
- We try to monitor multiple sites for each host. Bigger hosts have multiple servers, so it is important to
monitor multiple customer sites to get a good representation of host's performance.
- We make sure that each site is actually hosted at its assigned host and we check periodically for a possible move to
- Bandwidth and server usage for monitored sites should be very minimal.
- We don't just check network connectivity by using the ping network tool but we actually request a page from each site
to verify whether the web server software is working as well.
- We don't use any third party monitoring service; we run our own custom software.
- Periodically, we run a program verifying that domains are still hosted with their matching hosts.
- This service is absolutely free.
Back to Web Hosting Ratings homepage