||Host: TH Media
Host's Web Site: TH Media
Click the link above to visit this host's site
Average customer rating: 4 out of 10 based on 1 vote
|They try hard, anyway - Review by
Anonymous submitted on August 14, 2003|
|Customer's web site: N/A|
|Length of time hosted by this company: 3 months - 1 year|
|Date when last hosted by this company (as of August 14, 2003): Current customer|
|Plan used: Plan 7|
|Customer service rating: 4 out of 10|
|Technical quality rating: 4 out of 10|
|Cost rating: 6 out of 10|
|Overall rating: 4 out of 10|
|Okay, I'm spoiled, I've hosted at FutureQuest.|
1) I HATE Cpanel. Hadn't really realized it until now. I have little to no real control over my sites with Cpanel. No ability to blackhole an email address or bounce email that doesn't pass spam filters. Lots of things I've come to hate about Cpanel
2)While the servers have not had more downtime in the past few months than FQ, it is spread over more instances. In other words, I get nervous more often even if only for 10 minutes.
3)I hate the Help Desk interface. I prefer to send emails as I do at FQ. I hate a ticket system. It slows down my ability to get help. I also have had at least one ticket closed before the "issue" was resolved. That irritated me.
4)During an upgrade, we were told that if IP addresses were changed, we would be notified. I bookmark my control panel by IP address as well as set up my fTP client by IP. I was not notified that my sites had changed IP address.
5) When this happened, Cpanel automatically wrote empty directories matching my add-on domains and pointed the add-ons to those directories. The more conveniently named directories I had created which actually held the site content files sat unvisited for days until I realized what was going on.
6) It took over a week to work out the above incident to my satisfaction.
7) To TH Media's credit, I was credited 6 months of free hosting due to this incident. The thread discussing it in their support forum was deleted.
8) The service is sincere and really mean to do a good job. I've had much worse hosts.
Representative of TH Media? Click here to respond to this review.
This page is not connected with the company. These reviews and ratings are only the opinion of
the poster, are no substitute for your own research, and should not be relied upon for any purpose.